Dr. Laura Periman is an ocular surface disease specialist, but also enjoys general ophthalmology for all age groups. She also has a personal interest in cornea and ocular surface diseases that started while she was a research assistant at Immunex (now Amgen) in 1991. Her early training in Immunology has fostered a keen interest in the inflammatory and immunologic mechanisms of dry eye disease and other ocular surface diseases. She is a board-certified ophthalmologist and educator of other eye care professionals, offering her expertise as a recognized international speaker.
- Board-Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship: Cornea and Refractive Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Residency: Ophthalmology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Medical Degree: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- BS: Willamette University, Salem, OR
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery