Dr. Chung is a leader in bladeless, microincisional cataract surgery and laser vision surgery with a special interest in dry eye disease. Fellowship-trained in cornea and external diseases of the eye, Dr. Chung believes in optimizing the health of the ocular surface before surgery, and that this achieves the best results for his patients. He has participated in numerous research studies, has been published in several ophthalmic journals, and authored a chapter in the most widely used textbook for corneal disorders. Having performed thousands of surgeries, Dr. Chung combines his expertise and training with a deep commitment to patient care. He has been named by his peers as a Top Doctor in Seattle Magazine and Seattle Met Magazine.
- Board-Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Certifications: LASIK, Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) procedure
- Fellowship: Cornea, Refractive Surgery & External Diseases; University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Residency: Ophthalmology, University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago, IL
- MD: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- BS: Duke University, Durham, NC
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology, The Cornea Society, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Christian Ophthalmology Society